- Browse The Catalogue >
- Rampton & Woodbeck Parish Council
Rampton & Woodbeck Parish Council
The parish council website can be access at www.ramptonandwoodbeck-pc.gov.uk and you will find all documentation relating to the parish council.
Rampton is a village and civil parish in Nottinghamshire, England. At the time of the 2001 census it had a population of 1,269. Its name came from Anglo-Saxon Ramm-tūn = "ram farmstead". It is located in the Trent valley north of Nottingham, in the Bassetlaw district 8 miles east of Retford.
There are two parts to the parish - Rampton village itself and Woodbeck which is about 1.5 miles away. Rampton Primary School is halfway between the two.
Woodbeck has a Community Centre and Rampton Village has a Village Hall.
Rampton village has a church, a pub (The Eyre Arms), a village store, garage and Post Office. Woodbeck has a motor garage. Major employers in the area are Rampton Hospital and Cottam Power Station. Our Parish Council, in addition to the seven Councillors, employs a Clerk and a Village Warden Lengthsman.
Coles’, Moorpool & The Eyre St Thomas Day Trust
The trust is for the support of Rampton & Woodbeck residents who find themselves in financial hardship or ill health. ‘Small’ grants are available at the discretion of the trustees.
The trustees may be able assist in two ways:
- Relieving either generally or individually persons resident in the Civil Parish boundary who are in conditions of Need, Financial hardship or Distress by making small grants of money or providing for or paying towards items, utility bills, services or facilities.
- Relieving either generally or individually person’s resident in the Civil Parish boundary who are by reason of, ill-health, medical needs, infirm, disability, Old Age, Youth, by making small grants of money or providing for or paying toward items, services, utility bills, facilities. Additionally, in the spirit of the original Coles’ Bread Charity, help to persons listed 1 & 2 towards food costs.
All applications should be made either in writing or by email to the Clerk to the Parish Council (who is also Clerk to the Trustees). All applications are dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- Name: Mr E Knox
- Address: 24 Allison Avenue, Retford, DN22 7JS
- Telephone: 01777 711579
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 sets out a new audit framework
for local public authorities which are currently covered by the Audit
Under the new audit framework smaller authorities, including parish councils,
internal drainage boards, charter trustees and port health authorities,
with an annual turnover not exceeding £25,000 will be exempt from routine external audit.
In place of routine audit, these smaller authorities will be subject to the new transparency requirements laid out in the Transparency Code.
|Date Last Updated:||12/02/2019 15:29:18|
|Update Frequency:||As Needed|
|Resource Owner:||Rampton and Woodbeck Parish Council|
|Use Constraints:||No Conditions Apply|
|Geographic Extent:||Bassetlaw District|
|Contact:||Contact the Bassetlaw Open Data Team|
This Interactive Map is not part of the Open Government Licence or Ordnance Survey Open Government Licence and cannot be used as such. Any downloading or copying of this data is an infringement of the Ordnance Survey Licence. For more information please see our Licensing page.
- Parish Council